Catholic media now comprises a wide variety of formats including: print, internet, television, radio, and social media. For wide-ranging media coverage of all religions see the News/Information section of the page on: General Resources on Religion.
- Vatican News Service: Official news service of the Holy See (multilingual).
- L’Osservatore Romano: Founded in 1861, it is the newspaper of the Vatican news service. According to the Vatican News Service, it originally had a “polemical and propagandist” purpose, but now serves as a communications service.
- Zenit News Agency: A multilingual non-profit news service whose motto is “a view from Rome.” Services are in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, and Arabic.
- ACIPRENSA: International Spanish Catholic news agency.
- Catholic News Agency: English-Speaking sister organization of ACIPENSA.
- Catholic News Service: editorially and financially independent news service sponsored by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.
- Catholic Culture: Purpose is to distribute news, information and resources “in conformity with the mind of the Church.”
- ETWN: multimedia (television, radio, online, print) and multilingual (English, Spanish, German) media organization with an emphasis on fidelity to the magisterium.
- Radio Maria: International / multilingual Catholic radio service
- WWW.Chiesa: Multilingual news and commentary by Sandro Magister, cited by Foreign Policy as one of the “most reliable and revered Vaticanisti”
- MISNA: Missionary International Service News Agency (Italian): English Version
2. Social Media
- General: CISA News Africa – Catholic Information Service for Africa
- Ghana: The Catholic Standard
- South Africa: The Southern Cross: South Africa’s Catholic weekly
- Kenya: Seed Magazine
- Nigeria: Catholic News Service of Nigeria
- Zimbabwe: Catholic Church News
- Zambia: Impact On-Line – Catholic News
- Radio Espoir – Cote d’Ivoire
- African Christianity Rising (documentary)
- France: Fédération des Médias Catholiques (FMC): An association of French Catholic media: print, television, radio, internet. La Croix (Catholic daily news service)
- Italy: Avvenire / TV2000 (TV channel for the Italian episcopal conference)
- Netherlands: Katholiek Nieuwsblad Catholic weekly.
- Poland: Tygodnik Powszechny (historic Catholic weekly, Krakow)
- United Kingdom: The Tablet / Catholic Herald / The Catholic Universe
6. Latin America
7. North America
- “Extensive List” of North American Catholic Newspapers: This site offers a wide ranging list (with web links) of national, regional, and diocesan Catholic newspapers in Canada and the United States.
Canadian Media (not included in the “extensive list” above)
- Salt and Light: Canadian Catholic television network that offers a wide variety of programs, event coverage, news, documentaries, and other series. Salt and Light also offers print, radio, and other online services.
- VMO – VilleMarieOnline: Online news and communications under the auspices of the English-Speaking Catholic Council (Montreal).
U.S. Media (not included in the “extensive list” above):